A few weeks ago, I decided to try a different art style for my character portraits. Since I’m drafting another short story compilation which involves the girl below, here’s a comparison of one I did a year ago and a redo in the new style.
Part of the reason I redid this is that I’m trying to portray shadows a little better using Gimp’s Dodge/Burn tool. I also didn’t have the scanner when I first imported this, so I think that’s a bit better.
And here’s a recording. After 3/4 attempts to render it, I got fed up with OpenShot banjaxing the output, so I decided to try Shotcut. That worked a lot better.